This post is the next in our sequence of how to set up the Shoobx-Gusto integration. You may also find our FAQ article to be helpful. Below, we will cover how to connect employee accounts, how to manage data updates, and how to terminate employees.
Connecting Employee Accounts
When a new employee is added to either your Shoobx or your Gusto account, that employee’s record can easily be used to create an account for them in the other system. The employee information will be shared with the click of a button, so employee profile creation is fast and easy. In order to ensure the accuracy of the employees’ information being connected, you will be required to connect each employee’s profile individually to avoid undesired transfers of data.
1.Log into Shoobx and go to the Gusto tile on your company dashboard.
2. Click the Employees tab.
3. The employees tab displays the list of employees associated with your company in either Shoobx or Gusto. Next to each employee name there is an icon indicating which system the employee’s profile is in. For employees that are already connected in both systems, there will be an interlinked Gusto and Shoobx icon. If an employee has only a Gusto icon next to their name, it means that Shoobx has received their employee data via the Gusto connection, but they are not yet linked to a Shoobx account.
4. To link the account of an employee record in Gusto, click Create Employee in Shoobx.
5. You may review the employee information sent from Gusto for accuracy. This includes: first & last name, email address, birthday, compensation, job title, and start date. Based on this information received from Gusto, Shoobx will automatically recognize if this user already has a Shoobx profile from your company. If there is no account recognized, a new Shoobx user will be created.
6. Click Connect.
7. You’re done! Any changes made in one system will now automatically update the other!
Please note, if the employee does not already have an account in Gusto, you will have to complete that employee’s profile setup in Gusto before the integration is complete. The new employee will be listed in the “Hire & Onboard” section of Gusto where you will need to finish setting up his/her account (e.g., payroll and benefits info). Once done, the employee accounts will be fully integrated and data will sync.
Event Log, Employee Records & Automatic Data Updates
Once you’ve established and linked your Shoobx and Gusto company accounts, any changes to the following information about your employees will update in both systems automatically. To view the log of events, navigate to the “Event Log” in your Gusto Payroll panel of the Administration dashboard.
In the Event Log, you will see a chronological history of updates made using your Shoobx and/or Gusto accounts through the integration. Any updates made in either system that have changed an employee’s records — when employees are hired, change jobs, or leave the company — will be annotated here. Updates to employee records are made hourly, unless manually requested through the “Update” button on the “Employees” tab.
Additionally, you can view a full history of updates made to an employee in the “Employee Records” tab of the employee’s profile. Simply click on the employee’s name which will take you to their profile, and from there, navigate to the “Employee Records” tab. In addition to updates made in Shoobx, any updates made in Gusto will also be reflected here.
Information that is automatically updated when a change is made in either Shoobx or Gusto (bi-directional syncing):
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Job Title
- Start Date
- Employee status (currently employed, terminated)
- Home address (street address, city, state, zip code, country)
- Job location / work address (at account creation time only)
Additional information that is automatically updated in Shoobx when a change is made in Gusto:
- Manager (if both the new and former manager are already connected employees on both Shoobx and Gusto)
Terminating Employees in Shoobx and Gusto
Terminating an employee requires decisions to be made regarding payroll and equity holdings. Therefore, when a termination is initiated in either Shoobx or Gusto, you will first be notified via email that an employee has been terminated and you must complete the termination in Shoobx. Additionally, you will be prompted in-app to run the termination workflow so the process is complete. Please note, in order for vesting of any existing grants to cease, the "Terminate Employee" workflow will need to be completed.
Have More Questions?
Contact Shoobx directly at email@example.com.