Welcome to Shoobx! We're excited to help you get your account set up to begin managing your corporate legal actions through the Shoobx platform.
This article provides a brief overview of our onboarding process. This is the process of providing information and documents for your existing Delaware corporation to create your Shoobx account.
- You'll provide basic information about your company - like your team size and the number of people and entities who hold equity in your company. We'll use this information to determine your pricing tier (explained in detail on our pricing page).
- You'll be asked to provide a variety of documents about your company and its history and information in those documents that Shoobx will use to populate reports like your Capitalization Table. Note that, in many cases, if you don't have the document on hand, you will be able to defer uploading it and return to it later once your account is set up.
We recommend having the documents listed here handy before you start the process:
- Company Charter
Company Charter (including the breakdown of all classes of stock)
- Board & Corporate OfficersCompany President and Secretary
(Note: For these and other stakeholders, Shoobx will ask for their names and email addresses but will not send emails out until you're ready to do so)
For each current employee, you will be asked to upload their Offer Letter and Confidentiality and Assignment of Inventions Agreement.
Consultants and advisors can be added after the onboarding process is complete.
- Stock Incentive Plan (SIP)
If you already have a SIP, you will need the Stock Incentive Plan itself, along with the Board and Stockholder Approval for it, as well as these forms:
Form of Incentive Stock Option
Form of Non-Qualified Stock Option
Form of Restricted Stock Agreement
Form of Exercise Notice
Any forms of the above that relate to early exercise grants
(Note: Forms will need to be in Word so that you can remove certain terms, which Shoobx will add to a cover page when you generate grants through the system.)
The equity documents section will ask for:
Any grant document (ISO, NQO, RSA, founder's shares, etc.) and the vesting terms for each
Board approval for each grant
Upload any fundraising paperwork you have here. This includes convertible debt, equity financings, SAFEs (Simple Agreement for Future Equity), or KISS (Keep It Simple Security) documents.
Here, you'll want to have the main purchase agreement, any other transaction documents, and any individual grant documents, as well as the board and stockholder consents for the financing itself.
- Legal Counsel
Shoobx will also ask you to provide the name of your company's outside counsel. Registering them on Shoobx will ensure you can work together on Shoobx workflows.
If you don't have outside counsel for your company yet, we encourage you to check out Shoobx Spark.
- Board & Stockholder Approvals
You can provide any other Board Consents or Meeting Minutes that were not already requested in the other sections.
- Other Materials
If your company has converted from an LLC or has agreements that are no longer active, like Offer Letters for past employees, you can upload these directly to your Data Room folders during the onboarding process.
- We're Here to Help!
When you begin the onboarding process in Shoobx, a member of our client services team will reach out to you to say hello make sure you're in good shape.
As you're going through onboarding, you can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.