This article provides an overview of the steps needed to complete the Register Legal Counsel workflow.
- The company decides to "Register Legal Counsel" on Shoobx. This is required, as Shoobx will not allow them to access many workflows without registering their lawyer (explained here).
- The company will input your contact information, including your first and last name, your email address, and the name of your law firm.
- Shoobx will send an email inviting you to collaborate with the company, and will ask you to establish Counsel Involvement Settings.
- Along with that process, you will also be asked to activate your account in Shoobx, and then you can begin collaborating immediately.
- If desired, you or your client can upload your engagement letter into the company's Data Room.
Talking to Your Client about Shoobx
The best way to collaborate with clients on Shoobx is to have a clear understanding of what Shoobx can do for both of you. If you're interested in finding out more about what Shoobx can do for you, you can read our article here or reach out to our client services team and we'll be happy to assist.
Here is some general information to get you started:
- Shoobx is a platform for all of the stakeholders in a company to collaborate on the legal processes essential to operating. This includes lawyers, founders, employees, board members, investors, and option holders.
- Users log in to Shoobx to generate, review and execute documents using workflows that utilize templates provided by Shoobx (or in some cases, like option grant documents, forms provided by the company during onboarding). No more scanning and emailing and no more questions about being on the same version.
- The documents are stored in the Data Room for easy access by you and your clients, and are fully downloadable.
- Shoobx was built from the beginning to support the lawyer-client relationship, streamlining processes so lawyers can use their time to provide high value legal advice on challenges like fundraising strategies and team building --allowing them to service more companies than ever before!
© 2023 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.