This article provides an overview of the steps needed to complete the Register Legal Counsel workflow.
- The entrepreneur decides to "Register Legal Counsel" on Shoobx. This is required, as Shoobx will not allow them to access many workflows without registering their lawyer (explained here).
- The entrepreneur will input your contact information, including your first and last name, your email address, and the name of your law firm.
- Shoobx will send an email inviting you to collaborate with the company, and will ask you to establish Counsel Involvement Settings.
- Shoobx will prompt either you or your client to upload your engagement letter into the company's Data Room.
- You will also be asked to activate your account in Shoobx, and then you can begin collaborating immediately.
Talking to Your Client about Shoobx
Remember the entrepreneur is your client, but they are also a Shoobx customer. The best way to collaborate on Shoobx is to have a clear understanding of what Shoobx can do for both of you. If you're interested in finding out more about what Shoobx can do for you, you can read our article here or reach out to our client services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is some general information to get you started:
- Shoobx is a platform for all of the stakeholders in a company to collaborate on the legal processes essential to operating. This includes lawyers, founders, employees, board members, and stockholders!
- Users log in to Shoobx to generate, review and execute documents using workflows that utilize Shoobx templates. No more scanning and emailing and no more questions about being on the same version. In Shoobx, everyone is always on the same (electronic) page.
- The documents are stored in the Shoobx Data Room for easy access by counsel, and fully downloadable.
- Shoobx was built from the beginning to support the lawyer-client relationship, streamlining processes so lawyers can use their time to provide high value legal advice on challenges like fundraising strategies and team building --allowing them to service more companies than ever before!
For even more tips on working with clients on Shoobx, visit our post here.