While operating your company on Shoobx, you may reach a point in time when you will need to have a conversation with your legal team regarding their involvement in your documents. Each company is unique, so you'll need to work together with your counsel to tailor a plan for their involvement in your Shoobx account.
Once you have agreed upon what must be reviewed by your lawyers, you can change your counsel settings in Shoobx to reflect this. This article will explain in depth how to edit the requirements for your legal counsel in Shoobx; however, please note that none of these actions should be taken without first consulting with your legal team.
NOTE: This article assumes that your company has already done the initial registering of counsel, and you are making subsequent changes to your counsel settings. If you are instead interested in registering counsel for the first time, please see our other article.
To change your counsel settings, a full company access user will want to do the following:
- Log into Shoobx.
- Select your company's icon so that you arrive at the company dashboard.
- Select the "Administration" lens on the upper right hand toolbar. (This option should be identifiable next to the profile image of the user. Other lenses you will see in this drop-down menu include "Company" and "My Shoobx").
- In the Administration lens, you should see a "General Settings" section. In this section, you should see "Counsel Administration" button.
- If you click on the "Counsel Administration" button, you will be able to see your legal counsel. Now, you can select the "Counsel Involvement" button on the right hand side of the grey toolbar.
- Here, you will see a page titled "Permissions for (Your Law Firm)." An orange pen icon on the right with the words "Edit" adjacent to it will allow a full company user to make changes for the legal team's permissions.
- Check and uncheck boxes until you've made your edits. Note that some workflows are in grey or "locked" and cannot be altered--this is because Shoobx requires that these workflows receive legal revision.
Editing these permissions will change which workflows require legal review before they are completed, and show which workflows are optional/require no legal review. You will also be able to change which workflows trigger email notifications to your legal team.
Once you have changed these permissions, you will arrive at a checkpoint and your lawyers will receive a notification to verify your changes. You will not be able to finalize your settings unless your lawyer logs in and agrees. Shoobx encourages founders and their legal advisors to have open conversations, which is why this process should be done in a manner that is mutually acceptable to both parties.
If you have any questions about editing the preferences for your legal service team, do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.