This article will help you determine who's on your board. This is relevant if you are creating a new Shoobx account, and if your company already exists and has a pre-existing board.
The easiest way to determine your board is to either find the board consent that declares the board or (if you can't find that document) find any board consent and take a look at the signatures at the bottom.
Find the board consent that declared who was on the latest board
- Every time your board changes, it's likely you'll have a board consent stating this. The board consent will have a resolved clause listing your new board.
- If your board has never changed, then you'll find your board stated all the way back in your original document, called the Sole Incorporator Consent.
- In the example here, there is one person on the board, Richard. There are three total board seats. So this means two board seats are completely empty.
If you can't find that board consent, find any board consent and take a look at the signatures
- Any board consent will have signatures at the bottom.
- A board consent should contain all of the signatures of all of the board members.
- For example, this board consent above shows one board member- Richard.
- While this method of determining who's on your board doesn't include empty seats, it does allow you to accurately figure out the actual people on your board.
If you have any questions that are not addressed in this article let us know by emailing email@example.com!
Additional Resources about your Board: