This article will guide you through the 'Change Company Name' workflow in the Shoobx Platform. In order to change the name of the Company, you'll need approval from the Board of Directors and Stockholders. You'll also need to file an amendment of the Company's charter with Delaware and any other relevant jurisdictions.
Like many other Shoobx workflows, there are two paths to completing this workflow: generative and upload.
- Generative workflows allow Shoobx to guide you through the process and generate the necessary documentation, which is then saved in the data room.
- The upload option is appropriate if you have already performed the necessary actions and want to record the change in Shoobx. We will need information about the Board Approval, Stockholder Approval, and Legal Filings. Shoobx will update the Corporate Bylaws and Stock Incentive Plan for you.
- The upload and execute option is appropriate if you have a previously drafted, but not signed document and would like to use Shoobx to circulate it for execution.
You can find the 'Change Company Name' workflow under the 'Corporate Structure' heading. During this workflow, you will be asked for the following key terms:
- New full legal company name
- If you will be changing the name of the stock incentive plan
- Effective Date of stock incentive plan (if you make any changes to it)
- Method of approval (how you would like to gather those approvals from your governance bodies)
Shoobx will generate your Amendment of Certificate of Incorporation, but you're not done yet! You still need to file with Delaware so that your name change is official. Shoobx will direct you on instructions for filing your Amendment.
Once you reach the screen depicted above, you can click out of this workflow and return to the home screen by pressing the Shoobx logo in the upper left. When you receive proof of filing, you can return back to this workflow and upload it by clicking on it in your "My Tasks" or "Workflows" panel.
If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com!
Article is closed for comments.