Please note that the features described below are only available to our HR Plus customers. If you would like to learn more about HR Plus, please speak with your account manager.
When your employees complete their I-9s outside of Shoobx - say in your payroll system - they can still be added to your Shoobx account by following these instructions. This will ensure that Shoobx reflects their I-9 status in the Work Eligibility Report, the data room, and the Document Audit Report.
- Press "Start New Workflow" and on the next screen, choose the "Employee Form I-9 (Upload Only)" workflow, which you'll find in the Human Resources category of workflows
- Select the employee whose I-9 document you want to upload
- On the next page, you'll be prompted to upload a document from your computer, or if the I-9 is already in the data room, you can choose the "Select Document from Data Room" option
- You'll then enter Form I-9 details, including Effective Date, Employee Social Security Number, Employee Date of Birth, Employee's First Day of Employment, and Citizenship or Immigration Status
- Next, you'll be prompted to select verification documents. You can either use a List A document that establishes both identity and employment authorization, or you can use the combination of a List B document, which establishes identity, and a List C document, which establishes employment authorization. An authorized representative of your company must physically examine the identity and employment authorization document(s) presented, in person, by the employee
- On the next screen, you will upload the verification document(s) and enter the necessary documentation details
- Press "Finish" to complete the workflow!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why run the workflow if I already have an I-9?
Once this workflow is complete, your employee’s Form I-9 will be uploaded into the data room and the metadata will be properly mapped within the platform. For example, his I-9 information will be added to your Work Eligibility Report. Additionally, your data room will be populated with the Form I-9 and the Identity and Employment Eligibility Document. You can find these under the Human Resources folder in the Data Room.
What if my employee doesn't appear in the "select an employee" section?
In the first step, you will select the employee for whom you are uploading the Form I-9. If the Employee's name does not appear in the list below, they must first be added to Shoobx through the "Add Employee" workflow. The next page will ask you to enter details from the Form I-9. You will then be asked to upload the document to verify the Form I-9.
Should you have any questions about this workflow, please reach out to email@example.com.