This article explains how to add a third-party individual user to your account. This can include accountants, auditors, outside CFOs, personal assistants, or other users that fall outside of the standard user types and are not associated with a third-party company or firm. By default, the new user will not have any permissions granted and will need to be added manually after running this workflow.
The Create New User workflow also contains shortcuts to add other user types. Selecting these user types will bring you to the respective workflow to add that user. For more information on adding other user types, please see these articles:
- Add Employee Workflow
- Add Contractor or Consultant Workflow
- Add Advisor Workflow
- Register Legal Counsel
- Add Law Firm Team Members
- Add or Change Board Members Workflow
- Add Third Party Company or Firm
Adding a third-party individual user
- From the company workspace, click Start New Workflow, then Create New User, located in the User Directory section.
- Select Other Individual as the User Type.
- Enter the name of the user and click Create New User.
- Enter their First Name, Last Name, Email, and click Create.
- The new user will be listed. If necessary, click the Edit icon to make changes or click the X to delete the user. If no changes are needed, click Continue.
- Select whether to send an email inviting the new user so they can complete the setup process. Selecting No will create a placeholder account for the user, and you will need to run the Send Invite to Existing User workflow for them to gain access. Selecting Yes will create the new user and automatically send the invitation email. Click Continue.
- The Next Steps will display confirming the new user has been created and if they have been invited or not. The new user will not have any permissions granted and must be added manually. You can follow the link in the Next Steps to set their permissions or this can be completed at a later time through the User Directory.
Screenshots are for Illustrative Purposes Only.
Fidelity provides cap table management and other administrative services to private companies and their equity compensation plans.
© 2024 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.