In Shoobx, a company can Register Legal Counsel with their primary lawyer at a law firm. Once the Company has registered counsel with one lawyer, either the company or the lawyer can add additional lawyers to the company's Shoobx account. (We have provided directions to both ways below)
For Company: Adding Additional Lawyer to Account
Important Note: Before completing these steps, you should be sure you're in the "Company" lens. You can find your lens in the upper right-hand corner by your initials or picture. Just click on the arrow to expand the menu.
- On the dashboard, under the heading "Directory," click on the "Companies and Firms" button.
- On the next screen, click your law firm's name or the small gear that appears in the upper right corner of their law firm panel. Then click the "add team member" button on the "Relationship Management" page, which appears next.
Type in their name and email, and on the next "Specify Team Role" screen, select what role to give your new firm member. Depending on the role you select for them, you'll be prompted to specify further what permissions you want to give them on the "Assign Permissions" screen. You'll then be asked what level of access you want to give them on the "Assign Document Access" screen.
Check the "data room" box to allow entire data room access. If you'd like to allow access to only certain folders, unselect the "data room" box and then select the specific folders you want them to access.
Press "Save," and this will successfully add a lawyer to Shoobx.
- As an extra security precaution, some law firms require additional approval when a new lawyer is identified for the first time on Shoobx. During this extra approval step, the law firm checks that such a person exists at their law firm. As a result, you might experience a "Wait For Relationship Approvals" page while the law firm approves the new lawyer.
FOR LAWYERS: ADDING ADDITIONAL LAWYER TO ACCOUNT
1. Go to shoobx.com and click on the "login" button in the upper right hand corner.
2. Once you are logged in, click on your Law Firm name.
3. Click "Companies and Firms" under the "Directory" heading. Then click on the "Manage" gear icon to the right of the client you're interested in.
4. Click on "Add Team Member."
5. Type in their name and email then save. Click the 3 lines (or hamburger icon) to the right to edit the role, edit access permissions, and choose data room access. Data room access can include full or certain folders unchecking the box next to the data room and checking boxes next to specific folders. There is also an option to remove members in the dropdown list.
Article is closed for comments.