In Shoobx, a company can Register Legal Counsel by connecting to their primary lawyer at a law firm, or an individual attorney with their own practice. Once the Company has registered counsel with one lawyer, either the company or the lawyer can add additional legal team members to the company's Shoobx account. (We have provided directions to both ways below.)
For Company: Adding Additional Lawyer to Account
Important Note: Before completing these steps, you should be sure you're in the Company Workspace. You can navigate to this by clicking on the "Workspaces" icon on the navigation pane on the left side of your dashboard.
- On the dashboard, under the heading "Directory," click on the "Companies and Firms" button.
- On the next screen, click your law firm's name. Then click the "add team member" button at the bottom left of the "Team Management" page, which appears next.
Type in their name and email, and on the next "Specify Team Role" screen, select what role to give your new firm member. Depending on the role you select for them, you'll be prompted to specify further what permissions you want to give them on the "Assign Permissions" screen. You'll then be asked what level of access you want to give them on the "Assign Document Access" screen.
Check the "data room" box to allow entire data room access. If you'd like to allow access to only certain folders, unselect the "data room" box and then select the specific folders you want them to access.
Press "Save," and this will successfully add a lawyer to Shoobx.
Note: As an extra security precaution, some law firms require additional approval when a new lawyer is identified for the first time on Shoobx. During this extra approval step, the law firm checks that such a person exists at their law firm. As a result, you might experience a "Wait For Relationship Approvals" page while the law firm approves the new lawyer.
FOR LAWYERS: ADDING ADDITIONAL LAWYER TO ACCOUNT
1. Log into the Shoobx platform, and from the list of entities available, click on your Law Firm name.
2. Click "Companies and Firms" under the "Directory" heading. Then click on the three line menu to the right of the name of the company you're interested in working with. Then select "Manage Team".
4. Click on "Add Team Member."
5. Type in their name and email then save. Click the three line menu to the right to edit the role, edit access permissions, and/or choose data room access. Data room access can include full or certain folders unchecking the box next to the data room and checking boxes next to specific folders. There is also an option to remove members in the dropdown list.
© 2023 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.