This article explains how to enter a credit card into Shoobx so that you will be invoiced automatically and how to update your billing contact.
Please note: You can only follow the instructions in this article if you have been granted Shoobx Administration access. Questions about Viewing and Granting User Permissions? Start with this article first.
Adding a Credit Card
- Log in to your Shoobx dashboard and use the "Company Workspace" dropdown menu. Select "Administration Workspace."
- Select the "Billing Settings" link from the list under "General Settings."
- Click "Add a Card" and enter your credit card information, then click "Save."
- You have finished adding your credit card to Shoobx. Your credit card will appear in the list of cards on file. The card marked as "Primary" will be the card that is charged for any Shoobx fees.
Updating Billing Contact
- The Billing Contact is the person who will receive billing-related emails from Shoobx.
- If you would like to change your billing contact, click the "x" by the existing billing person's name and enter the name of your preferred billing contact.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How did my card originally become entered into the system? During the onboarding workflow, billing contact and credit card must be entered, even if you will not be charged for some time after completing the onboarding process. A billing contact and credit card are also required for the incorporation workflow.
- What if I'm a lawyer setting up the client as the billing contact during onboarding or incorporation? If you are onboarding an already-existing company, you will have to provide credit card information for that client. If you are incorporating a new company, you can choose to have your client enter the information themselves. Step-by-step instructions on how to make this happen can be found here.
If you have questions not addressed in this article, let us know by emailing email@example.com!