At Shoobx, we believe that your counsel is a key member of your company’s team. Inviting your lawyer to work with you on Shoobx creates a relationship that will give your legal counsel access to documents in your Data Room and authorization to act on behalf of your company in Shoobx. You can even send them documents to be reviewed before you send them on. Here's how to add your counsel to Shoobx and some resources to help them to know about us:
Registering Your Counsel
During the Register Legal Counsel workflow, Shoobx will:
- Request your lawyer's contact information
- Send an email inviting them to collaborate with you in Shoobx.
- If you already have one, you can upload your engagement letter into your data room.
Your counsel will activate their account in Shoobx, and the two of you can begin collaborating immediately!
Talking to Your Lawyer about Shoobx
Remember you are your counsel's client, but you are also their customer. The best way to collaborate on Shoobx is to have a clear understanding of what Shoobx can do for both of you. You've already started to see what Shoobx can do for you, and we have an article, What is Shoobx?, to tell you even more! Here are a few thoughts you can share with your counsel about how it will benefit your relationship and ultimately your company and their firm.
What is Shoobx, and what do we do?
- Shoobx is a platform for all of the stakeholders in a company to collaborate on the legal processes essential to operating. This includes founders, employees, board members, stockholders—and counsel!
- Users log in to Shoobx to review and execute documents. No more scanning and emailing and no more questions about being on the same version. In Shoobx, everyone is always on the same page.
- The documents are stored in the Shoobx Data Room for easy access by counsel, and are fully downloadable. (In other words, your documents are yours!)
- Shoobx was built from the beginning to support the counsel/company relationship; streamlining processes so companies can conserve their resources for high-value legal advice on challenges like fundraising strategies and company positioning.
Our last, and most important tip is to be open with your questions! It’s important to understand how the decisions you make here will impact your business. Shoobx does the footwork, but your lawyer will be the best person to advise you and help you understand the implications of the choices you are making.